MiGMan's Flight Sim Museum: Mission Statement
- Encourage and develop interest in Flight Simming as an educational and fun activity.
- Preserve the history of Computer Flight Simulation for future generations.
- Celebrate human creativity in the fields of aviation, history, science, technology.
We achieve this by:
- Curating Virtual Museum Exhibits
- Curating Physical Museum Exhibits
- Creating Videos
- Maintaining a physical collection of historic software and hardware.
Curating Virtual Museum Exhibits
|From this... (Flight Simulator 1)||to that (Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004) in just 20 years!|
In this 60 second video (made in 2006) I introduce you to the spectacle and drama of flight simulation.
Soundtrack: "MiGMan Fanfare" composed by Peter Inglis.
Virtual Pilot | Video editing: Peter Inglis.
Maintaining a physical collection of historic software and hardware.
Just a small part of the physical collection of historic software and hardware.
Are you new to Flight Sims?
Flight sims can be pretty darned confusing for folks. I remember it took me years to be able to land in the things! I manage it now - most of the time anyway... .
And those controllers - what are all the buttons for? What do they do?
Hi, my name is Peter Inglis, aka "MiGMan".
More than 25 years ago I created the Flight Sim Museum, creating virtual museum exhibits and continue overseeing it's growth.
During that time I've seen many incredible changes in software environments, hardware platforms and communication speed and breadth brought about by the internet.
Teaching | Performing | Curating
Thanks for visiting!
Peter "MiGMan" Inglis
You can support the work of the Flight Sim Museum by donating your old sims or by becoming a Museum sponsor via Patreon.